- 1 lb turkey Italian sausage
- 1 24 oz jar of Marinara
- 1 19 oz bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 egg
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage until browned and cooked through. Add sauce and reduce heat. Add tortellini and cook 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drop cheese mixture into sauce, cover and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until slightly melted. Serve.
I HATED the turkey sausage. Dan wasn’t a big fan either but was able to eat it. The rest of it (tortellini and sauce) was really good though. I may make up my own recipe with just those parts. Keep a look out for that.
The original recipe can be found here.