- 5-6 oz chocolate
- 2 tsp. hot chocolate powder mix
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3 c. ice (to make it a little more rich, use frozen milk cubes)
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces. I used Dove dark chocolate.
- Melt in a double boiler or a small saucepan over med-low heat. Stir occasionally until melted.
- Add the hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring constantly until blended.
- Remove from heat, slowly add half a cup of the milk, and stir until smooth. I used chocolate milk to add to the chocolatey goodness!
- Cool to room temperature. In a blender, place the remaining cup of milk, the chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth. The night before I froze chocolate milk in ice cube trays and used that…ALL chocolate!
- Pour into cup or mug.
The original recipe includes a recipe a recipe for homemade whipped cream topping but I didn’t use it so I could have it all lactose free. I wasn’t sure if this was just going to take like really cold chocolate milk but it really did taste like frozen hot chocolate! LOVE IT!
The original recipe can be found here.