- 8 cups Chocolate Chex® cereal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, MINI size
- 1 cup MINIATURE marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 cup MILK chocolate baking chips (or more if you’re a huge chocolate fan)
* Note Reese’s Peanut Butter cups come miniature and mini- you want the mini’s for this.
- Into large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes.
- Make sure Chex mixture is cool to the touch (so candy doesn’t melt.) Evenly sprinkle mini peanut butter cups candy and miniature marshmallows over Chex mixture.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramel baking bits and cream uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle over snack.
- Microwave the milk chocolate baking chips next, starting with 20-seconds and stirring, then at 20 second intervals until the mixture is completely smooth. The original recipe uses 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips but I hate white chocolate so I made it all regular chocolate. Drizzle over the snack mixture. Refrigerate until set. Break apart and store in tightly covered container.
Boy the name got it right on this one! This recipe is all that’s right in the world!
It’s a little hard to break apart, It’s a little more like pulling apart. This makes a pretty good sized batch and that’s a good thing because it isn’t going to last very long around here.
The original recipe can be found here.