- 1.5 lbs chicken – cooked and chopped or shredded
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 can corn
- 1/2 can black beans – rinsed
- 4 Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a baking dish – top with two tortillas – and then another thin layer of enchilada sauce. Use a spoon to make sure all of each tortilla is coated with sauce
- Evenly distribute your cooked chicken on top of the tortillas.
- Mix together beans and corn, Spread the bean mixture over the chicken layer and add 3/4 cup of cheese on top of chicken and beans
- Top with two more tortillas, and another layer of enchilada sauce.
- Top with remaining cheese
- bake at 350 degreesF for 30 minutes.
I have another chicken enchilada recipe that I make the filling in the crockpot with two cans of cream of chicken soup and sour cream. It’s really good but this one even better and a lot healthier which makes me feel better. Dan’s really starting to get on board with the corn and beans in Mexican food.
The original recipe can be found here.